Confused about what size topper to get for your tree?
Since tree topper sizes are more of a personal preference, we recommend that you use your best judgment on sizing. But here are some things to think about while deciding on size and some suggestions.
Now for our suggestions:
- How tall is your tree?
- Do you have a pencil tree or a fluffy, girthy tree?
- Do you prefer an over-sized topper compared to one that fits just right?
- What color finish are you looking for?
- What starfish or sea star would you like on top of your tree?
- Is your tree artificial or real?
- 4-5 inches: mini to 4 foot trees, or table top trees. Perfect for narrow, short, pencil trees that offers a subtle statement
- 5-6 inches: mini to 4 foot trees. This is a perfect fit for short trees that are not too wide. Max suggested is 5/6 foot trees that are narrow or pencil, this creates a subtle, appropriate fit.
- 6-7 inches: 5 – 7 foot trees. Great for medium or tall pencil trees. Standard 6 foot trees are a perfect match with this size range; the taller and wider the tree is, the smaller the topper will appear.
- 7-8 inches: 5 – 7 foot trees. Standard 6 foot trees are a perfect match with this size range; the taller and wider the tree is, the smaller the topper will appear. For an over-sized appearance for smaller trees, we suggest this size for 5 foot trees.
- 9 inches: 6 -8+ foot trees. Our 9 inch options range, from 9 – 9.5, sometimes larger upon request. This size range gives an appropriate size appearance to 7 foot trees trees; the taller and wider the tree is, the smaller the topper will appear.
For real trees: The top of your tree may need to be trimmed if you would like the topper to balance correctly. For our larger 8-9 inch toppers, we suggest having at least nine inches to support the topper. The larger the starfish the heavier they are, especially for knobby, Caribbean, and Jungle starfish.If you have an artificial tree, please make sure the top is not too full of needles, this may create a difficult task of placing your topper. You can trim the needles to make it easier to place. Larger 9 inch options may work best with artificial trees to provide the support that they need.Types of starfish toppers:
classic, beautiful in appearance. We offer a natural topper, and a variety of colors to super glittery options as well.
Beautiful, colorful, classic, screams beach when you look at it. Sugars vary in shades of light to bright orange. This has been a best seller since we started. The larger the starfish, the heavier the tree topper; if you need a large 9 inch, please make sure your tree can support it, best for artificial trees (in my opinion). Variety of colors available to match your decor.
Full of texture, character, and stunning. (It’s one of my favorites.) The light and dark orange hues add a fun natural color element to your tree.
Full of texture, character, and interesting. The larger the starfish, the heavier the tree topper; if you need a large 9 inch, please make sure your tree can support it, best for artificial trees (in my opinion). Variety of colors available to match your decor.
Slight texture, thick, beautiful, also classic. (Another one of my favorites.) We offer these in white and natural, the colors on them vary that its truly a piece of art. These are finished with a gloss sealant to help keep the color and create a smooth finish. The larger the starfish, the heavier the tree topper; if you need a large 9 inch, please make sure your tree can support it, best for artificial trees (in my opinion).
Double and triple starfish toppers:
These are mix of starfish. Each add a different textural appearance, and are pretty light and can fit almost any tree size range. We do have double sided/ mirrored toppers
. We would love to start offering more, but due to trying to create a seamless image, it is not the easiest task, but we are always up for a challenge! If you see something, send us an email letting us know the type of starfish, and we’ll get back to you in 24 hours or less. This is a lot of information to take in, if you’re still not sure, you can comment below or email us at email@example.com
, and let us know your questions or concerns.